Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Reflecting On My Time Abroad


"Oh The Places You’ll Go" - Dr. Seuss
Karly Knutson 
30" x 40"
Watercolor, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop

Everyone has a unique story that is shaped throughout a lifetime. While each story is very personal, stories are meant to be shared. It is through these shared experiences that communities are created.
In the Spring of 2014, I studied abroad in Coventry, England. I met some of the most intriguing people, traveled around England and to 7 other countries, immersed myself into the culture and fell in love with adventure. Like many others who have studied abroad or traveled the world, the experiences made a print on my life and became a new chapter to my story. This mixed media image encapsulates this chapter of my unique story but also welcomes a shared meaning with others.
Each rain drop stops at a location I traveled or runs off the page to signify the 7 other countries I traveled to besides England. There are are a lot of hidden gems, you have to look close;)

No comments:

Post a Comment