Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Food for Thought: The Butchers Arms Restaurant


My evening at The Butchers Arms Restaurant in Priors Hardwick is a memory that I will cherish forever! It was filled with laughter, incredible food, entertainment, and great company! I am so grateful that Bailey and I were able to connect with one of my dad's colleagues, Tony, and his wife, Sue!

Sue, Tony, Myself, Bailey, and John

 Our evening began by getting picked up by John, Tony's driver. The drive from Coventry to Priors Hardwick took about a half an hour, but was very pleasant. The route would have been beautiful in the daylight! Also, it was great to get to know John and we received much advice for the rest of our stay in England.

Upon arriving at The Butchers Arms Restaurant, I could tell it was going to be a wonderful night! The building dated back to 1375 and became a restaurant in 1973. It was the most idealistic old english restaurant I could have imagined!


Once Tony and Sue arrived we ordered the Portuguese Platter. The Portuguese Platter included squid, spicy chorizo and salt cod cakes. It was all incredible, but my favorite was the squid! Unlike the calamari that I have had in the states, this squid was lightly battered and had much more substance!

After a few glasses of champagne, ordering our meals, and conversing around the bar, we made our way to our table. Here we were served a variety of homemade bread options and a house wine. Our appetizers soon followed. Tony recommended that I order the homemade fishcakes, and it was a solid choice! There were three freshly made salmon, smoked haddock and prawn fishcakes served with whole grain mustard sauce. Delicious! My main course of Sole "Lino" came next. It was two pan frilled fillets of Dover sole served with wilted spinach and homemade tartare sauce and buttered new potatoes. Wow! It was absolutely phenomenal! As if the meal couldn't get any better, next was desert... My desert consisted of strawberries, chocolate covered cream puffs, and a carmel glazed deliciousness.

When our deserts were finished, we made our way to their patio where a local artist, Emily Burns, was performing. I am looking forward to following her music! While we were listening to her music and conversing, one of the bartenders poured a mysterious cocktail for Bailey and I. Like everything else, it was tasty! It was the perfect end to the evening. After a few pictures and hugs, we met back up with John for our ride home.

I am looking forward to keeping in touch with Tony and Sue moving forward! They were so generous and gave us a lot of good advice! We may meet up again in London or do a shopping trip with Sue:)



The Butcher's Arms Restaurant
Priors Hardwick,
Southam,
Warwickshire
CV47 7SN

Tel: 01327 260504
Email: info@thebutchersarms.com
Website: http://thebutchersarms.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment