Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Oh the Places You'll Go!! Royal Leamington Spa

Spring has officially sprung in England! The weather was absolutely gorgeous this weekend!

Saturday morning, Bailey and I began our girls weekend by hopping on the train for Royal Leamington Spa. The trip only took about 10 minutes! For the next few hours, we roamed the Jephson's Garden and streets of Royal Leamington Spa. We even made our way to the historical Royal Pump Rooms where people visited the various spa baths during the 18th and 19th century for leisure or medical purposes. After a little bit of shopping, we sat down at the Fat Birds Cafe for a late lunch. We then decided to take a little break in our hotel room and drop off bags after a full afternoon or walking, shopping, and eating.

Bailey and I on our paddle boat adventure

Bailey and I then had the opportunity to connect with my father's co-workers's daughter and her friends from the area. They were extremely friendly and they were able to point us in the right direction for a great dinner spot.

Sunday brunch at the BandStand Tea Room
After a quick stop at a Caribbean restaurant for a Margarita on the rocks, we made our way to a pub to watch the championship game of Ireland vs. France in Rugby 6 Nations. Can't say I knew what was going on, but it was a great atmosphere to watch the game! I was amazed how physical the game got and the injuries looked so awful! Yet, I can say I actually enjoyed the game!

For dinner, we ate at Copper Pot. I enjoyed a delicious Steak & Ale pie with mashed potatoes and peas. Yum! The place became very packed with locals celebrating St. Patty's weekend. We were able to stay and enjoy some of the night before heading back to our hotel exhausted.



Sunday morning, we awoke early and helped ourselves to a free breakfast at our hotel. We then made our way to a boat hire on the river where we hired a paddle boat out. It was the perfect morning to soak in some sun and get a little workout in.

Once our time was up we made our way to an American shop that held a variety of food and sweets that aren't normally available here in England. It was expensive though, so I only treated myself to a blue gatorade.

To end our wonderful weekend, we met up with Tony and Sue, my fathers coworker and wife, for a Sunday Brunch at the BandStand Team Room. Here I had my first traditional English tea and scone. It was great to catch up with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment